Have you ever come across a website, which seems to take ages to load? You know very well how frustrating that can be. Many people experience this, with different websites daily. Most of these people usually end up logging on to the competitor sites, instead. This is why when you are designing your company website, the loading time and speed must be taken into consideration seriously.
Since 2010, Google has been using the loading speed of a website in its search engine ranking. Usually, a digital marketing agency can help you with this, as well as search engine optimization (SEO).
There are many reasons why the speed of a web page is crucial. Below are 5 of these reasons:
- Enhanced user experience: The goal of any business would be to hook the users to the website and allow them to spend more time online. One of the top reasons why people exit a website is slow loading times. This may prove to be a major set-back for your business, as it may impact your search engine ranking too. Thus, in order to provide a pleasurable user experience, it is essential that the speed be quick and users can find what they want in an instant.
- Increased conversion rates: If you have an e-commerce website, it is important to have a fast website, so that customers will purchase your products or services online. If a customer has to wait long to load the payment page, it is likely they will leave, before completing the purchase. Major e-commerce sites; such as Amazon constantly update the speed of their sites for this very reason. A digital marketing agency Darlington can help you in this.
- Lower bounce rate: Research shows that at least 4 in 10 users exit a page, if it takes more than 3 seconds for the page to load. If you want to check the speed of your website, several online tools exist, such as GT Metrix. In order to understand the analytics of fast loading websites, you may need to avail the services of a digital marketing agency Darlington. You also need to check other aspects of your website such as images. It is believed that images load quicker, if their file size is smaller.
- Speed impacts rankings: With Google now using speed of a website as a metric for search engine results, it has become more important to ensure you have a fast website. It is also important to ensure your website loads fast not only on the desktop version, but also on the mobile version.
- Encourages good practise: The speed of a site is something which you must be constantly aware of, since it makes the difference between an average and an excellent website. When you are looking at your website, you must keep in mind how online users will feel when they click on to your site. To help you with this, you can always invest in website design services Darlington.
It is no doubt that a fast and responsive website is crucial for any business. To design your very own fast website today, contact Brandconn Communications – the best website design services in Darlington.